Always Here for You and Your Loved Ones
We want you to know that our excellent care and treatment is here for you. We have been fully functional and continue to support our patients across all of our services.
KEM Hospital, Pune continues to provide the trusted care you know and need. The safety and welfare of our patients, employees, doctors and the community is a priority for us.
How We're Keeping You Safe
We are taking every possible precaution to ensure your health and safety during this time. Safety is ensured when people work together, let's take the extra step to protect ourselves and everyone. We abide by all COVID-19 precautionary guidelines.
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we have imposed visitor restrictions. Thank you for your co-operation.
- Out-Patient Visits (OPD): Only one visitor is allowed with patient
- Emergency Medicine Department (EMD):Only one visitor is allowed with patient
- In-Patient (hospital stay): Only one attendant/caregiver is allowed, visitors are not allowed
- Visitors under 18 years of age will not be allowed
The safety of our patients and staff remains our top priority. We want to assure patients that KEM Hospital Pune is safe for them to receive care.
We have taken steps to increase safety by:
- Restricting visitors to our hospital
- Screening patients and visitors at the hospital entrances and implementing workflows to triage patients presenting with possible symptoms
- Designating a segregated ward and ICU for Covid-19 patients
- Providing essential Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff
- Practicing physical distancing
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of common areas and surfaces
- Conducting Flu OPD from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Mon - Sat)
Our home care plan is meant for people with mild or no symptoms who are eligible for home isolation.
KEM Hospital, Pune has set up a walk-in facility for COVID-19 swab collection testing, to help
reduce wait times. If you have been prescribed a RT-PCR test or a Rapid Antigen test or if you
wish to get tested, you can walk-in and we will ensure that you have a safe and hassle free
These are tests that can show if you have an active coronavirus infection. Samples are taken by a nasal or throat swab. There are two types of diagnostic tests which detect the virus:
- RT-PCR test
Is currently the gold standard test for the diagnosis of COVID-19. It can detect the presence of the virus even if the viral load is less
- Rapid Antigen test
Has lower sensitivity than the RT-PCR test and negative results will need to be confirmed with a RT-PCR test. However, Rapid Antigen tests do provide faster results
- We offer a safe and hygienic sample collection method, following the highest level of infection prevention practices, while ensuring patient comfort
- Sample collection is operated by a doctor
- The location of the booth is such that we ensure contactless swab collection
- Our Laboratory is NABL accredited for the testing of COVID-19
The Swab Collection Booth functions from Monday - Saturday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Aadhar card will be required for filling the ICMR form
- Prescription for the COVID-19 test, if one has been prescribed
We run two batches of RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 through the day to ensure that we deliver reports within 24 hours.
The Rapid Antigen is priced at ₹ 500 and the RT-PCR is priced at ₹ 850, as per Government regulations.
If you have been advised a test or wish to get tested, please visit our Registration counter located at the ground floor of the TDH building or call General Enquiry at: +91 20 6603 7460 | +91 20 2621 7460