Blood Bank - A Centre Of Excellence
The blood donor’s samples are tested with the safest technology for various
transfusion transmitted infections (TTIs), including HIV 1 & 2, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C,
Malaria, and Syphilis to ensure safe blood transfusion.
All the donor's blood groups and atypical antibodies screenings are performed on
fully automated blood grouping system by Immucor, USA on NEO equipment.
KEM Hospital Blood Bank also has its own storage centre at Shirdi Sai Baba Rural
Hospital at Vadu.
We are recognized throughout the medical communities for providing high quality of
products and services.
- Recognised as 'Regional Blood Transfusion Centre' by the State Blood
Transfusion Council (SBTC) of Maharashtra, Certificate No. SBTC/RBTC-
PN/004 – 1999
- Assisted by National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) – 2009
Certified with ISO 9001:2015 by Bureau Veritas Certification Holding SAS-UK
Branch – 2018
- Awarded by Maharashtra State AIDS Control Organization (MSACS), for
excellent performance in blood banking in the year 2013-14
- Awarded by MSACS, a certificate and memento for our valuable contribution
towards HIV / AIDS control on the occasion of World AIDS Day, 2014 in the
- Won the KEMH Trophy, 2015 for its best performance
- Certification from PEPFAR for surpassing expectations with respect to access to safe blood, blood banking, waste management, injection safety in June,