The Department of Family Planning at KEM Hospital, Pune offers various family welfare services. We believe that a planned pregnancy contributes towards a better health outcome. Family planning enables people to improve pregnancy planning, such as their desired number of children and spacing of pregnancies, make informed choices and prevent unintended pregnancy.
- Family planning counselling and motivation to patients
- Helping patients choose the appropriate method of contraception
- Providing access to the various methods of contraception, including oral pills, injectable contraceptives, intrauterine devices, and permanent methods of sterilization, such as tubal ligation and vasectomy
- Counselling and advice on Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- Immunization in pregnancy
- Vaccination and child immunizations
- Participation in the National Pulse polio programme and other programmes offered by the government